If your application gets selected for an audit, the email that you will receive from PMI will also have instructions to comply with the audit. The steps to comply with the audit are:
- Download the "audit package" from PMI Online Certification System.
- Print the forms in the audit package.
- Get signatures from your manager(s) / supervisor(s) on the Experience Verification form.
- For each project listed on the experience verification section of your application, you need to get physical (not electronic) signatures from the respective manager(s) / supervisor(s) on those projects. Each manager/supervisor should sign a separate copy of the form. For example, if you have different managers on two projects, you need to get two forms signed, one from each manager. But if you had the same manager on more than one project, he/she can sign against multiple projects on the same form.
- After signing the form, the manager/supervisor needs to put the form in an envelope, seal it, sign at the back of the envelope across the sealed portion of the flap, and return it to you. Note: Make sure that they return the form to you, and not send it to PMI directly.
- Make photocopies of your diploma/degree certificates.
- Make photocopies of the certificates or letters from the training provider(s) for the 35 Contact Hours of Project Management education.
- Put all the envelopes and photocopies in a large envelope and send it to PMI, either through regular postal mail or courier service, at the following address:
Attn.: Certification Audit
14 Campus Blvd.
Newtown Square, PA 19073-3299 USA
I'll be posting a few more articles to cover some finer details of the audit process. Stay tuned.