Last Update: Feb 7, 2016
- If my PMP application is selected for an audit, does PMI extend my 1-year eligibility window? Normally, PMP application approval is valid for 1 year only. That means, you must take the exam within 1-year from your application approval date. However, if your application is selected for an audit, your eligibility clock stops. The clock will start ticking again after you pass the audit. In summary, the time it takes for audit is not taken from your one-year eligibility window and your eligibility period will be extended by the number of days it takes to complete the audit.
- How much time do I have to submit my documents to PMI? Your completed audit package should reach PMI within 60 days.
- If a supervising manager of the project listed on my PMP application, is not available due to any reason, what options do I have? You can have a colleague on that project or the current manager/supervisor who has good knowledge of that project, sign your experience verification form.
- What happens if I fail the audit? If you fail the audit, PMI will refund your exam fee minus $100 processing fee. Your application approval stands canceled.
- If I fail the audit, how soon can I re-apply for the PMP Exam? If you fail the audit, you can re-apply after a one-year suspension period.
- What if I submit incomplete documents to PMI? Submitting incomplete documents is automatically considered a "failed" audit.
Where can I get more information about the audit process?
PMI provides a very informative list of 30+ audit FAQs, which very few people are aware of. Here's the link to the page:
PMI Certification FAQs
Scroll down to "PMI Audit Process" section.
If you have additional questions, let me know and I'll try to address them.
More PMP FAQs
100+ FAQs for PMP Certification Exam
Image Credit: Flick / jakerust