So let's step back and understand the PMP application process first and then see where the audit fits in.
PMP Application Process: Step-by-step
- You submit your PMP certification application to PMI.
- PMI reviews your application. If your application is approved, you receive an application approval email from PMI. Your one-year eligibility clock starts ticking from the day of approval.
- You may pay the exam fee anytime within your one-year eligibility window. Ideally, you should make the payment soon after application approval in order to give yourself ample time to schedule and take the exam. You should also consider the possibility for re-examination (just in case you don't clear in the first attempt).
Note: You can take the exam up to 3 times within your one-year eligibility window.
- After you pay the exam fee, PMI will send you "one" of the following two emails:
- If your application is not selected for an audit, you will get an email with examination scheduling instructions to help you schedule your exam.
- If your application is selected for an audit, you will get an email with instructions to comply with the audit.
Hope you understand the PMP application audit process better now. Look forward to a few more articles in this series.
Related articles Last Update:
Image credit: Flickr / lendingmemo