Are you ready for the challenge?
- Take the quiz as many times as you want.
- Participation in the contest is optional.
- You can view your quiz result here after completing the test.
- The correct answers, detailed explanations and results (along with participant's name and location) will be posted online after the contest is over.
- Your email address will be kept STRICTLY confidential.
- The first 3 participants to answer all 10 questions correctly will win PM Prep Flashcards Premium account (worth $19.99), and additional discount vouchers.
- Next 10 top scoring participants will get discount vouchers for PM Prepcast, PM Prep Flashcards, and more.
- The winners will be notified via email. Enter a valid email address only if you wish to participate in the contest. Leave it blank otherwise (I hate SPAM myself, and respect your privacy).
- Contest ends on August 14, 2010 (midnight, US PDT).
Contest Result (Aug 14, 2010)
- The contest is now closed, but you are free to take the quiz.
- The answers have been posted in the article Standard Deviation and Project Duration Estimates.
- Congratulations to Sunitha (Bangalore, Karnataka, India) for winning the PM Prep Flashcards and to the next ten top scorers for winning discount vouchers.
- All winners have been highlighted in the quiz result page.
- The instructions to claim the prizes will be sent to the winners via email.
- I'll try to post more such quizzes in future. Thanks for your participation.
I researched a lot of online quiz services and finally settled on Google Forms, primarily because of 2 reasons - it has the least restrictions and is (of course) free. Google Forms is more suited for surveys, and not quizzes. But I’ve modified the survey to emulate a quiz program with a self-grading feature. If you like my first attempt at quizzes, and want me to do more of it, let me know.
Full 9-part series on Project Estimation and PERT
- Get Intimate with PERT
- The Power of Three in Project Estimation
- Three-point estimates vs PERT - What's the difference?
- Say Hello to PERT
- The Magical Formula of PERT
- Probability and Statistics in Project Management
- PERT and CPM get Cozy
- PMP Quiz Contest - Activity Duration Estimates (you are here)
- Standard Deviation and Project Duration Estimates
Image credit: Flickr / valeriebb