PMBOK 5th Edition PDF is available for download to all PMI Members for free. You need to login to the PMI website with your PMI user ID / password, to download the PDF. The file is password protected. When you try to open the file, it will prompt you for a password. In order to open the file, you need to enter your PMI (www.pmi.org) password.
Note: PMI User ID is different from your PMI Member ID (printed on your PMI membership card).
Links to PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition
PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition PDF (soft copy) Download Link
PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition (hard copy) Purchase Link
Instructions to Download PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition PDF from PMI Website
- Go to the PMBOK 5th Edition download page. You'll need to be signed in to the PMI website using your PMI account, and have an active PMI membership in order to see the download button. If you are not signed in or you are not an active PMI member, you'll see the following page:
If you are signed in and have an active PMI membership, you'll see the download link:
- Click the Download button to get to the actual download page.
- On the download page, enter your PMI.org password.
- Click on the Download button.
- When prompted, select "Save" to save the PDF to your desktop.
Note that the downloaded guide is purely for your personal educational use. Any form of distribution of the PMBOK Guide is strictly prohibited by PMI. You may however print the PMBOK Guide (single copy only) for your personal use.
If you have any questions or difficulty, post them as comments.
If you are serious about PMP Certification, I can help you get a free and 100% legal copy of the PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition and also save $11 on your exam cost. Read 10 Benefits of PMI Membership to find out more.