PMBOK 6th Edition PDF is available for download to all PMI Members for free. You need to login to the PMI website with your PMI user ID / password, to download the PMBOK Guide PDF. The PDF file is password protected and when you try to open it, it will prompt you for a password. In order to open the file, you will need to enter your PMI (www.pmi.org) password.
Note: PMI User ID is different from your PMI Member ID (printed on your PMI membership card).
Links to PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition
PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition PDF (soft copy) Download Link
PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition (hard copy) Purchase Link
Complementary copy of the Agile Practice Guide
A big change in the 6th Edition of the PMBOK® Guide is that it includes a complementary copy of the Agile Practice Guide. You’ll find the Agile Practice Guide appended to the end of the same PDF file that you’ll download for the PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition.
Instructions to Download PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition PDF from PMI Website
- Go to the PMBOK 6th Edition download page. You'll need to be signed in to the PMI website using your PMI account, and have an active PMI membership in order to see the download button. If you are not signed in or you are not an active PMI member, you'll see the following page:
- Scroll down on the above page to get to the section with the login link:
- If you are signed in and have an active PMI membership, you'll see the download link:
- Click the Download button to get to the actual download page.
- On the download page, enter your PMI.org password.
- Click on the Download button.
- When prompted, select "Save" to save the PDF to your desktop.
Print PMBOK® Guide
Save Money with PMI Membership
If you are serious about PMP Certification, I can help you get a free and 100% legal copy of the PMBOK® Guide, 6th Edition and also save $11 on your exam cost. Read 10 Benefits of PMI Membership to find out more.
PMBOK Guide 6th Edition Errata
If you downloaded the PMBOK Guide, 6th Edition soon after its release but do not have the PMI membership to download the latest copy, you may want to download the errata file below. The 4th printing of the errata was released on Jun 1, 2019.
If you have any questions on this topic, post them as comments below.